Sunday, July 20, 2008

Last day in MHS

Slept at Friend House, got coffee morning and then headed to the market for some hot noodle soup breakfast. Noodles, basil, lemon, bean sprouts and a sweet and salty tomato chicken broth, add some dried chillies and it’s a great start to the morning. Everything gets moving from there on out.

The plan was to ride out to a waterfall and then head to Roc Tai village. Roc Tai is a Chinese village that has many delicious teas, and I guess I will have to get there next time through Thailand. The waterfall on the other hand was amazing; pretty big and flowing at a good pace. There is a big pool in the foreground that is filled with a type of carp, or maybe koi. We broke some rules and headed in for a little rock jumping into the pools below the falls. It was a fantastic time after a little hesitance on my part; really glad to end my time here like that, back to nature.

When I was in Managua I had walked past a cock fighting ring and had mentioned this to Emmett a few days ago; so what do we do? Pull into village and walk up to some old women, who were certainly laughing at us a bit, and asked if they would have their roosters spar a bit. No roosters were injured in the filming of this movie.

Emmett, Koz and I stopped for a lunch and beer and then I was off to grab my ride to the airport. Lunch was really good, Kaw soi, curried bean curd northern style, and curried chicken of the same ilk. Awesome flavors were always at hand throughout this trip, it was really what I was hoping for and I leave fulfilled in that department.

This was a really short trip, too short by everyone’s estimation, but I have got to be movin' on. Awesome to get to hang out with Max, Jason and Morgan for a few days and then with Roy and Koz for the last couple of days. Thailand is a very cool place, the people are as friendly as I have ever encountered and extremely welcoming. I was continually blow away by the respect and thoughtfulness of the students at Nai Soi, they really know how to show their appreciation for their teachers.

Roy-man, keep up the good work, its nothing but positive.

No comments: