Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Coffee and Foot Baths

When in Thailand…get foot baths and coffee enemas right? Ok, maybe not right, but that’s what happened anyways. Our second day in Chaing Mai Jason mentioned that last time he was in town he got an iodine foot bath and a few other things at a health spa nearby. The foot bath supposedly pulls many of the toxins and heavy metals out of your body, mainly from the kidneys, liver and your joints.

The women at the spa were really funny, and remembered Jason well from his last visit. So Roy and I sat down and were hooked up to an electrode machine by way of two heat belts that wrapped around our abdomens and sent weak electric signals into our organs. Our feet were placed into two bowls along with two ionizers; the water was totally clear to start, this was just a few minutes in:

In about 30 minutes it looked like this:

Supposedly, the bubbly stuff in the middle is the heavy metals like mercury that are caused by pollution or from things like eating lots of fish such as tuna. Other things "pulled out" were yeast, and things that give high cholesterol. I don't know how the feet can expell all that but thats what happened; both of ours generally looked the same, so I don't know. They say you are supposed to continue the treatment for 14 foot baths to fully remove everything, but I have to wonder if thats a good idea or not. The body develops some sort of balance, right? So would removing all the toxins be a good thing or would it cause some sort of imbalance?

We were chatting about all the other services that are offered at the spa and they mentioned the coffee enema they give. Disclaimer: I have always been interested in the purging of bad toxins and chemicals from the body, and had previously read about the effects that a coffee enema have on the intestines, so I knew a little before agreeing to do this.

The woman who was going to administer it to me told me that she would be “my first boyfriend: and then made jokes at how big the tube was; ha ha very funny. I won’t go into to many more details here, but I am sure I’ll be asked about it in person by a few people, I’ll tell you all about it. 1 Liter of coffee held for fifteen minutes, its not easy, but in the end I think it was worth it. I felt a little off afterwards, but the next few days my joints did feel better, cracking my knuckles was much harder to do, and my back had very little pain – which it often does; so maybe this stuff worked or maybe Roy and I just got worked.

No comments: